If the time has come to replace your commercial building’s flat roof, you have a prime opportunity to re-assess what your building’s needs are and select a flat roof system that is best for you. While some flat roof treatments are more suited for new construction, others are best for re-roofing applications.
The experts at Great Lakes Commercial Roofing in Kalamazoo, Michigan, can help you understand the pros and cons of each when it comes to energy efficiency, installation and maintenance costs, and much more. We offer flat roof installations, roof re-covers, and roof tear off and replacement to clients throughout Michigan. Call 517-65-9119 today to schedule an appointment and receive a free, no-obligation estimate.
Michigan’s Best Flat Roof Installers
The truth is, when it comes to your roof’s long-term performance, the quality with which it is installed is just as important as the materials used to build it. At Great Lakes, our contractors are factory trained and certified to properly install every roof we work on.
When you hire Great Lakes to install your new roof, you will benefit from:
- Courteous, knowledgeable technicians with in-field experience
- Cutting edge equipment and tools to get the job done
- Top quality materials and roofing systems from leading manufacturers
Comprehensive Flat Roof Replacement Options
When the time comes to replace your flat roof, you can rest easy knowing with Great Lakes on your side, you have the full array of flat roof systems available to you. Our flat roof solutions include:
- Built-up (BUR) – Built-up is one of the older, more traditional, and less expensive flat roof systems. It is very heavy, involving alternating layers of roofing felt/tar paper and roofing tar. The top layer has gravel embedded in it to improve durability.
- Modified bitumen – This flat roof material is rolled across the roof, with seams overlapping and fused together with a torch or adhesive. A top coating can improve reflectivity.
- Spray foam – Spray polyurethane foam, or SPF, is a newer flat roof option that allows us, in many cases, to apply a new roof system directly over the old one. High density SPF expands to seamlessly seal cracks, surround stacks, and waterproof your roof. A topcoat improves reflectivity and durability.
- EPDM/rubber – Rubber is the single-ply flat roof system that has been around the longest. The rubber is unrolled in a single layer and glued to the substrate. Rubber is naturally black, but can be ordered with a white top coat. With proper maintenance, these systems can last 50+ years!
- TPO – TPO is another single-ply flat roof option. Lightweight and fabric-like, TPO is easy to install with adhesive, heat welding, or fasteners. Because it’s a newer system, its performance record is still being tried.
Get A Free Estimate!
Great Lakes Commercial Roofing serves Kalamazoo and other cities throughout Michigan, including Battle Creek, Jackson, Lansing, and many more. Whether you are considering a roof tear-off and replacement, roof restoration with a roof coating, or simply desire an honest, in-depth roof inspection, Great Lakes is here to help.
To schedule an appointment for a free quote for flat roof replacement or installation, give us a call at 517-652-9119 or fill out our online contact form.